You Win Cards
|This page is currently a draft and not yet reviewed.|
By Nate Burgess
Some cards are win conditions with rules text that says "you win the game" if a certain condition is met. These are organized here by the timing and the strategy of the win condition, along with the color identity of each winning card.
Beginning of Your Upkeep
Since many of these cards grant victory by fulfilling a condition at the beginning of your upkeep, it may be useful to include instant-speed enablers such as Vedalken Orrery or Alchemist's Refuge, for example, to cast the victory card on the end step before your turn to minimize exposure to removal.
These cards are permanents that have to stay on the field long enough to accumulate counters to fulfill the victory condition, so it may be useful to include ways to protect these cards from removal. Proliferate effects can help accumulate counters faster than expected (e.g. Inexorable Tide or Pir, Imaginative Rascal).
- Azor's Elocutors wins with 5 filibuster counters, adding one each upkeep and removing one when you take damage.
- Chance Encounter wins with 10 luck counters gained by winning coin flips.
- Darksteel Reactor wins with 20 charge counters, adding one on each of your upkeeps.
- Helix Pinnacle wins by paying mana to accumulate 100 tower counters.
- Simic Ascendancy wins with 20 growth counters, gained by putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
- Hellkite Tyrant wins with 20 or more artifacts.
- Mechanized Production wins with 8 or more artifacts of the same name.
- Revel in Riches wins with 10 or more Treasures (artifact tokens).
- Epic Struggle wins with 20 or more creatures on the field; token creatures are acceptable.
- Mortal Combat wins with 20 or more (non-token) creature cards in the graveyard.
- Liliana's Contract wins with 4 or more distinct Demon creatures.
- Mayael's Aria wins with a creature of power 20 or greater.
Not Collecting Permanents
- Barren Glory wins if you control no other permanents and have no cards in hand. It is a legal reprint of the card "The Cheese Stands Alone" from the Unglued set.
- Felidar Sovereign wins with 40 or more life.
- Test of Endurance wins with 50 or more life.
- Near-Death Experience wins with exactly 1 life.
- Celestial Convergence wins with the highest life total when the last omen counter is removed.
Beginning of Your End Step
- Biovisionary wins if you control 4 or more creatures named Biovisionary.
At Any Time
- Approach of the Second Sun wins by casting it from your hand, having already cast it this game.
- Laboratory Maniac and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries win by attempting to draw a card with an empty library.
- Maze's End wins by activating its ability and having 10 or more distinct Gates (a land subtype).
The following are not playable in EDH.
- Coalition Victory is BANNED.
- Hedron Alignment would require breaking the Singleton deck building constraint.
- Battle of Wits would require more cards than are legally in an EDH deck.